Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Macaroni & Ham Casserole



Comfort food. It's what I like to cook and eat best I think. It's been a rough winter weather wise, and I've been having some medical issues (ongoing women stuff) that I need to tend too so it's been such a comfort to be able to get into the kitchen and make some feel good food for myself as well as my family. I just found out yesterday that I need to have some surgery done to try to resolve my health issues in two weeks. If it goes easy, recovery will be about 2 weeks. If it's more complicated when they get in there and have a look around, recovery could take 2 months. I'm going to try to be optimistic and plan my life as if it'll be a 2 week recovery! One of the meals I made last week while I was having a particularly rough day was this macaroni & ham dish it was super easy and so comforting that it made me feel better for a while! Here's how you make it:

Macaroni & Ham Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
  • 1 1/2 Tbs butter
  • 3/8 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 10 oz can cream of celery soup
  • 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (green beans, carrots, peas & corn), thawed
  • 3 cups ham, diced (I used ham steaks)
Directions:

Boil pasta according to the package directions. Drain it and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F. Saute onion in butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Stir in the soup & milk. Heat thoroughly, stirring. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Add ham, vegetables, pasta, Worcestershire, and pepper and stir to combine. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes.

Enjoy!
Christina

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a one stop, easy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days I can appreciate a good comfort meal such as this ... we've also had a rough winter. Today it is barely 30 degrees and that's considered warm because we were in the negatives for way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, I hope that your medical issues are easily resolved and will be praying for the 2 week recovery for you! This does look so good, I love dishes like this. Looks like a great potluck meal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful casserole. All you need to complete the comfort is a little bit of chocolate. ;) I will cross my fingers the recovery goes super well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. comfort food at its best! best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina