Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apple and Spice Pork Roast



Nothing makes a rainy day a little better than something delicious smelling cooking in the crock pot all day! Yesterday (and today for that matter) have been so dreary outside, but such is early spring in New England. I went outside to fill the bird feeders this morning and noticed that the first of my daffodils have started to bloom, so spring is really here, despite the chill in the air. This pork roast tastes as good as it smells and looks, so it was a great dinner last night. I love cooking roasts in the crock pot! They get fall apart tender!
Here's how I made it:


Apple and Spice Pork Roast

Ingredients:
  • 1 (4 pound) boneless pork roast
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions:

Trim all visible fat from the pork roast and place in the crock pot.
Stir together applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and cloves in small bowl.
Combine flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder and pepper in another small bowl.
Rub flour mixture evenly over entire surface of pork.
Pour applesauce mixture over roast.
Cook in slow cooker on low for 6 or more hours.

Enjoy!
Christina


3 comments:

  1. Mmm sounds so amazing and looks wonderful! Definitely on my list of things to make, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crock pot is a busy girls best friend! Great looking dinner, love pork and apples together. It reminds me of being little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay for crock pot meals! This looks incredible! I love the spices you used too, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina