Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tortellini & Sausage Soup



The cold weather is back, and probably will be for some time. This means that we get to have more delicious comfort foods. Nothing warms me up like a great bowl of soup. If there is pasta in it, that's just a bonus! Here's how I made this one:

Tortellini & Sausage Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground sausage
  • 9oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
  • 28oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 14oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed
  • 4 cups beef broth
Directions:
In large soup pot, brown and drain sausage. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and broth. heat to boiling. Add spinach and tortellini. Turn heat down to a simmer and simmer about 10 minutes or until pasta is done.

Enjoy!
Christina

3 comments:

  1. Hello new friend! Your soup looks cozy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yearn for that soup. So warming, so hearty and I love tortellini with sausage in a soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting! I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina