Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Truffles and "Crack"

When I got home from the Cookie Walk on Sunday I was inspired to make a batch of Oreo Truffles and "Christmas Crack". I know most of you know this treat as Chex cereal "Reindeer Food", but my scrapbooking friends and I find it so addictive that we call is crack. I wasn't going to make the Oreo truffles, but someone made them for the cookie walk & my husband said "you're gonna make those, right?"

So, here are the recipes:



Reindeer Food/Christmas Crack

1 Box of Corn Chex cereal
1 large package of M&M's
1 regular bag of mini pretzels
1 large jar of salted peanuts
24 oz white candy coating (or white chocolate chips)

Mix all the ingredients except for white chocolate/candy coating in a very large bowl. Melt white chocolate/candy coating and quickly pour into mixture & mix together. Quickly dump out onto waxed paper and spread it in a thin layer and let it cool completely. Once it is cool, break into pieces and store in an airtight container. You may want to work this in 2 smaller batches.





Oreo Truffles

Ingredients

18-oz. pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, finely crushed

8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

24oz semi sweet chocolate chips, melted

Directions

In large bowl combine crushed cookies and cream cheese. Beat with mixer on low speed until well blended. Form teaspoon sized balls by hand. refrigerate until set up. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on baking sheet covered with waxed paper. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. To store, cover and refrigerate. Makes 30ish truffles.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that you call Reindeer Food "Christmas Crack!" My mom makes the same Chex mix, and it's always gobbled right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! Anything called Christmas Crack has *GOT* to be good! And Oreo Truffles are good I'd bet money on that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina