Saturday, April 2, 2011

Twice-Baked Potatoes Supreme


I've been keeping it nice & easy in the kitchen this week since I'm still healing. Tonight, at my husbands request I made those delicious Hamburger Steaks with the grilled onions. Instead of serving them with just steak fries, I made Twice Baked potatoes out of some leftover baked potatoes that we had on hand. Here's how I made them:

Twice-Baked Potatoes Supreme

Ingredients:

Ingredients

  • 8 large baking potatoes
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • grated Parmesan cheese
  • Paprika

Directions

Pierce the potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until tender.
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out the insides of the potato, leaving a thin shell.
Set shells aside.
In a large bowl, mash
the insides of the potato; add butter, garlic powder, salt, oregano, cayenne, celery salt and enough milk to make a smooth filling.
Stuff or pipe into shells; place into greased 13-in. x 9-in.x 2-in. baking pans.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika if desired.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

Enjoy!
Christina

6 comments:

  1. Looks great over here Christina. Looking forward to coming back.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I can't resist twice baked potatoes...and yours have a lovely kick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice baked potatoes are a definite favorite of my husband and I. Yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina