Thursday, December 23, 2010

Brownie Overload

Seriously! Tuesday, I made 4 different brownie creations for my holiday treat platters! My husband is a certifiable chocoholic, so he is in chocolate heaven this week!

The first brownies I made were Butterscotch Brownie Pinwheels. Make your favorite brownie batter and bake it for about 10-15 minutes in a thin layer (I used an 11x17x1" pan) You don't want to over bake these because they'll crack when you try to roll them (like I did my first try)



While it's still warm, you will then want to turn it out onto a clean kitchen towel that has been dusted with powdered sugar. Then roll it up, jelly roll style, starting with a long side and let it cool completely wrapped in the towel on a wire rack



It looks like a baking crime scene, no?



Carefully unroll the cooled brownie. Melt a 12oz bag of butterscotch baking chips with 2Tbs butter and spread this melted mixture into the cooled brownie. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts onto the butterscotch and then roll it back up. Let cool and set up again and cut it into 1/4" pinwheels


Next, I made "Merry Cherry Brownies"
Make a double batch of your favorite brownies and swirl this filling into the pan:

  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped red or green maraschino cherries
  • 2 teaspoons red or green maraschino cherry juice
  • 1 egg



These are so tasty!




The next thing I did was rather twisted...I baked up a batch of brownies and dipped them into 24oz of melted semi sweet chocolate!



I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I added some holiday sprinkles on top! Talk about decadent!



I had one batch of brownies left over, so I sliced 'em up and dipped them into the same holiday sprinkles that I used on the chocolate covered ones



I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot more to shimmy the next time I have a belly dance performance!



Peace Out!

Christina

3 comments:

  1. It looks like brownie heaven, I wouldn't know where to start!!
    Welcome to foodbuzz!
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have enough brownies in my life! I need to take a break from cookies and give brownies some love. These look delicious. I'd make them all year with the Christmas sprinkles just to remind us to keep that Christmas spirit...and so we can get our fill of Christmas sweets! Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at you go with all of those delicious Brownies. I think we might need a brownie intervention lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina