Monday, December 27, 2010

Cranana Nut Bread

We got wollopped by the blizzard over the past 24 hours! While my boys ventured outside to dig us out, I ventured into the kitchen to see what I could get in to. I decided to make a quick bread.



Yeah, I know. I did tons of baking last week for the holidays, but when you have Bananas that look like this, you just gotta do something with them!



My little helpers say "We don care if da bananas iz black Mama. We will still eat dem!



I think the puggies iz...er...um...are plump enough, so I'm baking with the bananas.
OK! I confess! I gave them each a little piece of banana before I mashed the rest up.



The original recipe I have calls for raisins, but I'm out of raisins and wanted to use up an opened bag of dried cranberries and some walnuts, so it's now

Cranana Nut Bread

Ingredients:
  • 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2-3 large over ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix cracker crumbs, flour sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
Beat eggs, milk, and oil in a medium bowl until well blended.
Stir in Bananas
Add to flour mixture; stir until just blended.
Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
Spoon into a greased 9"x5" loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and allow to cool completely



Yeah, right. Like they'll wait that long..'specially after shoveling snow!



This recipe bakes up such a beautiful tall loaf, and the graham cracker crumbs add such a great aroma and taste! I really hope you'll give it a try!

Christina

Bananas on FoodistaBananas

8 comments:

  1. MMM! Adorable little helpers by the way! This bread looks perfect! I would so put a yogurt spread on this and have it for lunch! With a nice hot cup of coffee...

    If this ends up in my kitchen you're going to hear about it! :) My family would be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! a yogurt spread sounds perfect! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogs eat bananas? How cute! When my bananas look like that I shove them in the freezer, but I love that you are on top of things. I can't believe you are baking after all of the holiday baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs will eat anything! Well, not lettuce, but pretty much anything else I'd give them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww...your pugs are adorable!Cant wait to try your recipe.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this banana widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with banana,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alisa! I would be happy to add your widget AND to be added to your Foodista list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina, this sounds delightful! I love the addition of berries in banana bread, and this sounds like a fun twist. Thanks for sharing, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It was yummy! Happy New Year to you too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina