Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookie Walk!

Yesterday, a bunch of the volunteers and I from the Pug Rescue of New England did a bake sale fundraiser called a "Cookie Walk". We all baked up a mess of treats and sold them for $5 a pound with all the money raised going to the rescue. There were also some raffles for some great prizes including 2 hand made quilts! Since I make so many cookies, I opted to fill the box I bought with other kinds of treats! Here's my 2lb box o' booty:




I choose to make just one type of cookie for this event, but I made 16 dozen of them!
I made "Jelly Gems"...it's a take off on the Raspberry Thumbprint cookies found on the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix pouches.



Jelly Gems
(Makes 8 dozen)
Ingredients:
3 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
Strawberry Spread (or any fruit preserve, jelly, jam or spread you like)
icing:
1 cup Powdered sugar
up to 3 Tbs milk



This particular brand of Strawberry Spread was so good, I had to ask my husband to stop eating it so that I could use it for the cookies!

Directions:
~Heat oven to 350F degrees
~Mix all ingredients together until dough forms a ball
~form tsp sized dough balls
~place on cookie sheet
~make a thumbprint indentation in the center of each cookie
~place 1/4 tsp of fruit spread into the dent
~bake 10-15 minutes


~allow cookies to cool completely
~mix 1 Tbs at a time of milk to powdered sugar until you get a good drizzling consistency
~drizzle icing onto cookies
~allow icing to set before you pack the cookies up for gifting
~Enjoy!



LOTS of baking going on this week, so I'll have lots to share with you!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina