Saturday, December 18, 2010

Home to NY

I had the pleasure of traveling home to NY earlier this week to visit with my parents and got to enjoy some of the culinary delights that I've been missing since I was last there.

First is the pizza:



Sure there is NY style pizza here in Massachusetts, but it ain't like this!



I have yet to find a place that makes the pizza at a standard that is acceptable to my snobbish palate. This wasn't the best pizza I ever had, but the best I've had in a long time! Yes, pepperoni is my favorite topping



And of course I had to bring home a dozen bagels fresh baked at a bagel shop. We can get good bagels here at the supermarket, but they still aren't the real deal! I made sure to get everybody's favorites. Poppy, Sesame, Cinnamon Raisin, and everything!



I also did some food shopping while there & saved a boat load of money on my holiday baking shopping a Aldi's and Associated in Newburgh. We got some yummy pastries at Adam's Fairacre Farm too. The produce department there ROCKS, and if I were going straight home from there I would have shopped that department as well.

What foods remind you of home?

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina