Monday, January 17, 2011

Nutter Butter Truffles- The 10 with 5 Challenge



So...I'm finally getting around to posting my first 10 with 5 challenge recipe! I'm really pretty stoked about this because it's my first ever food blog challenge! Thank you to Rosy+Tart for hostessing! To see the other challengers posts please be sure to click the challenge button in my sidebar!

Everyone in my house is addicted to the Oreo Truffles that I make over the holidays, but I'm a sweet & salty together addict, so I thought I'd try making them out of Nutter Butter cookies and they came out pretty awesome!


You're just 3 little ingredients away from this tasty treat!

Yup! Just Nutter Butter cookies (crushed), 8oz of cream cheese, (softened), and 24 oz of semi sweet chocolate (I use chips & melt them in the microwave)


Whip the cream cheese in and mix in the crushed cookies. I like to use my Kitchen Aid for this because it makes the smoothest centers for the truffles.


Roll tsp. of mixture at a time into balls and place them onto waxed paper lined trays. I made about 60 one inch centers from this recipe. Place into the fridge for about an hour to firm up.


Melt chocolate using your favorite method (I like the microwave) and dip the centers into the chocolate.


Place the dipped truffles back onto waxed paper trays and return them to the fridge (about another hour) so they set up.

Delish! I hope you'll try these!

I'll be stalking the cookie isle soon to see what I can come up with next!

Enjoy!
Christina

19 comments:

  1. I used to love nutter butters as a kid! I bet they are even more wonderful when combined with the chocolate like this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing :)
    I'm afraid for me it would be too difficult to cover them in chocolate so nicely :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're quite the thing Amy!

    You should see the mess I make when I'm dipping them Medeja! That's the fun part! They messier they are, the prettier they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so yummy. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these look great! I can kill a package of Nutter Butters by myself! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love PB! I have a soy allergy, so these wouldn't work for me, but I have lots of friends who'd love them, so I'll have to share this recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Firstly, I want to thank you for voting my blog.
    Secondly, your truffels are ... omg I have water in my mouth! (especially because of the last picture)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so welcome Brindusa! I would send you some truffles if I thought they would make it to Romania without spoiling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, honey. These look stupid good. YUM! Nice entry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great variation on peanut butter balls, great recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YuMMY!!!! Looks like a perfect bite:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You only used five ingredients? That is pretty impressive. They look delicious! I bet your family ate them up really quick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look SO good!!! Nice one on your first entry! I have some at home, along with chocolate chips - can't wait to try them out! Good job =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these look so yummy! I look so forward to making these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christina! Yes. You have me sold. I know that these have to taste amazing. How can you go wrong with nutter butter cookies and chocolate? Thank you for sharing this sweet treat with me. I hope that tomorrow brings you joy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm....Nutter Butter's. Excellent truffle choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yeah!! I wish I had one of these truffles right now...they look terrific! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina