Sunday, May 20, 2018

Shutter Card

Shutter Fold Card

The last card from this past weeks Fancy Folds class is a Shutter Card. I found the tutorial for this card on a fellow Stampin' Up! Independant Demonstrator's blog: simplysimplestamping.com . I was so fascinated by the mechanics of this card that I just had to try one (or two) myself!

From the outside these cards look like any other Gate Fold card...




These cards feature sentiments from the Apron Of Love stamp set and shapes made using the Stitched Shapes framelits dies.They also feature Painted Autumn designer paper, which is retiring at the end of this month. I also used Very Vanilla cardstock on which I stamped the sentiments. 

The card on the left features Island Indigo cardstock and Island Indigo ink, and Dapper Denim bakers twine, all of which are retiring at the end of this month.

The card on the right features Always Artichoke cardstock and Always Artichoke ink, and Old Olive bakers twine, all of which are also retiring at the end of this month.

But when you open them up, there is a clever shutter mechanism created from paper.



The window in the center of this cards inside was created using a square from the Stitched Shapes framlits dies. I used the square punched out on the cards belly band as a layer for the sentiment.The shutter "doors" were fish tailed using the Banner Triple Punch.

I hope you'll try this amazing card!

You can purchase items used on these projects by clicking on the name and ordering from my website.

As always, I appreciate any questions or comments you may have for me about these or any other projects here on my blog, or items for sale on my website!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog today!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina