Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chipotle

Ever have one of those really great stretch of days where you're almost afraid to say something about it or you may jinx it? I'm having one of those weeks. My husband came home from work Monday with a really great, and totally unexpected year end bonus. I'm finally getting somewhere with my health care issues. Various car issues are being resolved. I even won a fabulous blog giveaway from Fun and Fearless in Bean Town to Aquitaine ! I'm going to have to find a way to pay it forward, so look for some blog swag from me soon!



I had the pleasure of doing lunch this afternoon with my friend Jeanne who is a fellow volunteer for the Pug Rescue of New England . We share outreach duty at one of the local Petco stores and could easily discuss future outreach dates over the phone, via email or even Facebook, but it's so much more fun to do it over lunch!




We choose Chipotle for our lunch spot today and although I had never eaten there (I told you all in a previous post that I don't go out to eat much!) I had heard good things about it. I was not disappointed! The carnitas burrito that I had them build for me was huge! The ingredients were very fresh and well seasoned.




I have been cooking this week, but just haven't photographed anything (I know! BAD food blogger!) so I will have to remedy that soon and come up with something spectacular to go along with a pay it forward giveaway!

Enjoy!
Christina

10 comments:

  1. Yay for an upswing! That sandwich looks super devine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so much better than a plain ole sandwich! pb&j can take a hike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chipotle was started in my home state...Colorado! Now I am craving one of these burritos. Thank you so much for sharing with me tonight...and thanks for your sweetness on my blog...it means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had chipoltle for the first time a few months ago and absolutely love it. Like you said fresh ingredients and huge portions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sandwich looks fine but I really want to read one of your recipes. Off you go to the kitchen Christina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had Chipotle before :( But this burrito looks super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm . . . Chipotle . . . one of our family favorites for a quick bite to eat. And love that they use natural ingredients, too. Glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never had chipotle, but looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOOOOOOOO Jealous!!!!!!!!! I haven't had Chipotle in close to 8 years... :-( Man would I give anything to eat one of those! Enjoy it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man how I love Chipotle. Luckily for me I live in Colorado, where it was founded, so it is never farther than a quick hop, skip, and jump away. Love it! (Darn it you are making me hungry. I don't need the temptation).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina