Monday, January 10, 2011

Ham & Broccoli Pastry



My husband's car was undriveable for the past two weeks, so he was using my car since my art studio that I work out of is attached to the house and didn't need it during the day. Mind you, I live in the 4th largest city in the state and there are plenty of places I can walk too...but I still felt quite housebound. I finally got my car back today & spent the bulk of the day doing all the errands I was putting off. Since I didn't leave much time to prepare an elaborate supper, I whipped up something quick and easy. It turned out quite tasty if I do say so myself.

Ham & Broccoli Pastry

Ingredients:
  • 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 8 to 12oz thick sliced ham, chopped
  • 8oz shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped
  • 2 to 3 Tbs ranch dressing
  • cooking spray
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

Unroll dough and place on a sprayed cookie sheet with short ends together & points away from the center. It will look like a series of elongated diamonds stacked one on top of the other.

Combine all the other ingredients together and spread the mixture down the center of the dough.

Fold the points of the dough over the mixture. You can seal the top and bottom ends of the pastry to hold the filling inside if you want to.

Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.

Slice to serve.

I hope you'll try this easy recipe!

Christina

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I make something similar with chicken and cream cheese... you just can't go wrong with something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love simple meals like this...my boys love crescent rolls, so this would definitely be a winner! Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE the mixture of ham cheese and broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think anything involving pastry, and cheese is a winner....adding in ham and broccoli makes it even better! I would love to try these
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another simple recipe i can prepare for dinner. I would love to try this with chicken and beef too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome!! Im sick and not cooking at the moment, wonder if I can convince the man to try to make this tonight! It would really hit the stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina