Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skillet Spaghetti- 10 with 5 recipe #2



Things have still been crazy around here this week, so easy is the name of the game to get dinner on the table! At least I'm getting some recipes done for the 10 with 5 challenge!

This tasty one pot dish with a salad and some garlic bread made a perfect mid week meal!

Skillet Spaghetti
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 28oz your favorite pasta sauce
  • 2 cups water (I would hope this doesn't count as an ingredient!)
  • 8oz spaghetti, broken into small pieces
  • 1 bell pepper chopped (I used red, but you use whatever you like or have)
  • 1 cup Romano cheese (you can use Parm if you preffer)
  • salt & pepper to taste (I know this doesn't count as an ingredient!)


In a nonstick skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Season with salt & pepper

Stir in pasta sauce and water; mix well & bring to a boil.


Stir in spaghetti and bell pepper. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta in tender.


Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover for another 2 minutes to melt cheese.

This tasted so good, and it was nice to not have to clean up a bunch of pots and pans that usually accumulate from making a pasta dish!

Enjoy!
Christina

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was easy and tasty. Two of my favorite food requirements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quick 'go to' recipes when you don't have all day to get dinner on the table. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic and delicious,Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful, delicious looking dinner idea! Thank you for sharing it. I'm so glad I found your blog and am looking forward to exploring your recipes and seeing more! :) - Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely delicious!!! Your Skillet Spaghetti Recipe is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is more comforting than good ol' spaghetti and meat sauce. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such a simple idea but rarely thought of! i love that it would cook up the spaghetti quicker and really allow the sauce to soak into the noodles, giving it extra flavor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wish I was having this for dinner! It looks and sounds just about perfect. Thank you for sharing it with me...and thank you for your kind words on my blog today. They mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband would kiss my feet if he came to this dinner tonight! :) Thanks for sharing and thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your it! Been cruising around today looking for something easy and good for dinner, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everybody! I hope all of you who make this really enjoy it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina, I just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of my Aquitaine gift certificate from yesterday's giveaway! Can you please email me your full name and mailing address? I will get this out to you right away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw that on your blog Michelle! Thank you so much! I've sent you an email! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina