Friday, January 14, 2011

Ranch Chicken Tenders



Woa! TGIF! Has this ever been a crazy week! Lots of car drama. 2 feet of snow. There is more, but I'm not gonna go into that now. I'd rather talk about something good! Real good! Busy weeks call for easy meals. It's a good thing I have a plethora of easy dish ideas at the ready for times such as these. Here's one of my favorites!

Ranch Chicken Tenders

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips) or tenders
  • 8oz ranch salad dressing
  • 1 tsp seasoning salt (I use Adobo)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup Romano cheese (grated)
Directions:

Mix seasonings with breadcrumbs and Romano cheese



Coat each piece of chicken with ranch dressing...



Then coat with the breadcrumb mixture



Place chicken on sprayed baking sheet (I hate doing dishes, so I line my sheet with foil also!)



Drizzle with melted butter and bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.

I know you're all uber jealous about my orange kitchen and I'd love to say it's retro, but I don't think it's been changed (except for the updated appliances) since the '70s. It was like this when we bought the house in 2008. It does match very well with my Pfaltzgraff dishes though! I'll be sure to share photos of it (and the rest of the sleeve that goes with the Koi fishy tattoo) in another post sometime!

Enjoy!
Christina

5 comments:

  1. I'm liking this recipe. What's more, I like the not too much fuss - too little time aspect of it. And because it's a cousin to a chicken nugget, I'll bet my kids will love it, fuss free! Those with little sous chefs know that appeasing their appetites in a timely manner is gold. For me, I'll pair it with a hoppy pale ale! BTW, isn't orange the new black?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina...yes, this does sound like a great recipe to have in your repertoire...easy and delicious! I love chicken tenders, and my husband used to put ranch dressing on everything. I know we would love this. Thank you for sharing! Many blessings on you and yours this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love such easy yet tasty dishes. This is so appealing! Great idea for weekdays! And even no mess! BTW what did you serve this chicken with? I can see the corn, but can't distinguish the other one on the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious and easy! My son would absolutely love these (me too!) I will have to save this and make them for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zerrin, It's macaroni and cheese! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina