Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jinxed! And Chicken Parmesan and Penne- 10 with 5 recipe #3



I told you all the other day that I was going to jinx my good stretch of days by saying something! Thursday morning my husband got into a car accident (see photo below)on his way to work. It had snowed over night and although clear the roads were still a little wet. Traffic ahead of him on the highway had stopped, so he stopped, but the car behind him (a Jeep Cherokee) didn't and hit him going about 70mph. My husband is thankfully o.k., but the car is totaled. Needless to say, we are now down to one car for the time being and it's been a mad race to try to get our schedules straight. I apologize to all my Foodbuzz buddies and fellow 10 with 5 blogers for being lax in my comments, but please know that I have been buzzing you!


What was my husband's 1998 Volvo v70 Cross Country.

On to my pasta dish! I made this last Wednesday night with every intention to share it with you all Thursday, but things got crazy here and no post happened. I am sharing it with you now though and hope you'll give it a try!

Chicken Parmesan and Penne

Ingredients:
1 to 1.5 lbs chicken breasts or tenders, cut up
29 oz of your favorite marinara sauce (I make my own)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 Tbs (divided) grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb penne pasta, cooked and drained



Combine sauce and 6Tbs Parmesan in a 13x9 inch baking dish


Cut up the chicken. Season with salt & pepper


Fold in uncooked chicken. Cover and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.



Uncover, and top with the mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 Tbs Parmesan. Return to the oven, uncovered to melt the cheese


Serve over cooked penne pasta with Caesar salad and garlic bread on the side.

Hoping for a better week!
Christina

8 comments:

  1. Thank goodness your husband is ok! That kind of stuff is always scary.

    I haven't made chicken parm in the longest time and I am always looking for different ways to dress up my pasta dishes. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!!!!! I feel soooooooooo bad complaining about my week now! YIKES! Hopefully your pasta eased some of the stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the vehicle, thank goodness no one was hurt. That pasta looks like I could eat the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. How scary. Hope your hubby is okay. Car accidents scare me so much. But so glad he's came out of unscathed. Your pasta dish looks delish! WIsh I was having it for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely meal. I really am sorry about the car, but the important thing is that your husband is OK. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about the accident, thankfully your HB is alright. Most important is your HB is ok, car wracked insurance can cover not so big deal. Hope everything sorted out smoothly for you and HB. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh :(( I'm so sorry about the accident - good thing that your hubby is okay ... the car can be replaced.

    That pasta dish looks so warm and comforting. Just the thing you need when feeling a bit down in the dumps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The car does look bad! But at least your husband is not hurt..I just joined the 10 for 5 Challenge and done with two recipes so far :) Hopping now to other 10 for 5ers for motivation;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina