Thursday, September 13, 2018

Take Out Treat Box


The project I demonstrated on my first Facebook Live featureed my Product of the Week: the brand new Takeout Thinlits dies in the new Holiday catalog



Even though the project I'm showing you is for Halloween I'll be showing you other examples that I made for many different holidays and occasions. So lets get started!


You'll need 2 pieces of 6x6 cardstock or patterned paper and a scrap of Whisper Whitecardstock...I'm using Lemon Lime Twist here. You're going to cut out the Takeout box die 2x using the Big Shot die cutting tool. If you're using patterned paper that is directonal, try to match up the pattern to the front and back pannels of the box. The sides won't matter so much. I'm also going to cut the small tag die out of the scrap of Whisper White.




If you're going to stamp or emboss the box you're going to want to do that before you assemble it. Using the Spooky Sweets stamp set I am taking the fog/mist stamp and stamping it randomly onto both pieces using LemonLime Twist ink. I'm usong the new Simply Shammy to clean off my stamps. I really like how portable it is. I keep it in a clear mountstamp case that we sell in packs of 4 for $6. Then using BlackMemento ink I stamped the moon and Spooky Sweets sentiment onto the front panel of the box, and the Happy Halloween sentiment onto the tag. Using my bone folder I'm going to fold on all the score lines, burnishing with the bone folder to make all the folds crisp. With paper wrong side up, you're going to want to fold the bottoms in, the tops out, then flip it over (right side up) and fold the tabs in. Using 1/4” tear N tape attach the two bottoms. Then add 1/8” tear N tape onto the tabs on the right side of the paper. Assemble the box working your way around the box. Fill the box with treats or a small gift and close up the box. I added a bow to the box using Black Glittered Organdy ribbon. Thread the tag onto the ribbon then tie a bow. Cut bow away from the roll and attach to the top of the box. There! You have a great little treat box for trick or treaters, a Halloween party, or class party at the kids school!




Now let me show you some other ways I've made these boxes.




Here is another Halloween treat box I made using Basic Black cardstock. I sut pannels out with the pannel die from the set out of Patterned papers from the Toil and Trouble DSP set. 




I also used the octagonal die and stamped the sentiment from the Spooky Sweets stamp set with black Memento ink and used an 1/8" circle punch to make it into a tag. I tied it onto another black glittered organdy ribbon bow and added it to the top of the box.




I got the idea for this Halloween treat box from Rachel Tessman, a fellow demonstrator who's website is Stamp Your Art Out .com. I used Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and sponged Pumpkin Pie ink onto all the edges before I assembled it.




She used basic black cardstock and a cut apart bat from the Spooky Batspunch to make the jack o lantern face, but I used the jack o lantern face stamp from a past Paper Pumpkin kit and black Memento ink.




 I stamped the Trick or Treat sentient from the Cauldron Bubble stampset and tied some thin green ribbon around the box this time adding the tag and tying a bow.





Of course this treat box isn't just for Halloween. 




Here I used Copper Foil paper embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder.




Using Early Espresso ink and a sentiment from the Many Blessings stamp set I stamped this sentiment and sponged a Whisper White die cut panel and added a brown ribbon bow. Copper Trim would be great for this but I didn't have any in stock.




And I made this other treat box using patterned paper from the Nature's Poem DSP




I used the heart die and a 1/8” circle punch to make the tag and again with Early Espresso ink I stamped this other sentiment from the Many Blessings stamp set, and sponged the edges. The Crumb Cake colored twine from the Nature's Twine set made this bow closure. 




Either of these would be great for Thanksgiving place settings or pillow gifts, as well as a fall thank you for any other occasion.




Let's not forget Christmas! I used paper from the Dashing Along DSP which is a Hostess only Freebie for hostesses who have a party of $250 or more in the month of September. Contact me if you would like to have a party




It can be at your home, online, or you can do a catalog party. I stamped The sentiment onto a Whisper White octagonal diecut with Cherry Cobbler ink and the pine boughs are stamped in Garden Greenink. Both these images are also from the Many Blessings stamp set.




I added red rhinestones for berries. The ribbon closure and bow is 1/8”Real Red satin ribbon.

This treat box isn't just for holidays though. 




Here are some great ideas for wedding favors or a bridal shower: I cut this box from Shimmery Whitecardstock and embossed it using the Swirls and Curls embossing folder




I sponged Pool Party ink onto the embossing to add color and interest...but you could use any color to match the weddings theme. The thank you is from the Petal Palette stamp set and I added some pearls to the octagonal diecut and attached it with dimensionals




The glittery ribbon is from a pack that I got at Michaels. 




This other wedding or bridal shower box idea is cut from Petal Promenade DSP.




The Love stamp is from the Country Home stamp set and I stamped it repeatedly using Melon Mambo ink and also sponged with it onto a heart diecut and adhered with Dimensionals




I made this adorable box for a Baby Shower using Twinkle Twinke DSP




I used blue ribbon here but you can use any color especially is the baby's gender is known. The papers are gander neutral though. 




The sentiment is from the Animal Outing stamp set. I used Night of Navy ink to stamp welcome onto the panel diecut and sponged with Petal Pink ink. I stamped Little One in Soft Sea Foam ink onto the tag diecut and sponged it with Pool Party ink




I layered these with Mini and regularDimensionals onto the front of the box. The Petal Pink and SilverBaker's Twine on the tag is a scrap from the last box I'm going to show you:





I used GardenImpressons DSP for this box and the panel diecut is stamped with a sentiment and squiggle from the Detailed with Love stamp set using Pacific Point ink and Petal Pink ink.




I added Share What You LoveArtisan pearls and used dimensionals again. And here is the bow closure using the Petal Pink and Silver Baker's Twine.




So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed this post!
You can see the *video replay here on my YouTube Channel

*Please note that this video is an unedited (sideways) first Facebook Live attempt. Laugh if you want...I did!


As always, questions and comments are always welcome!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina