Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baked Swirl French Toast



Breakfast is, hands down, my favorite meal of the day. When my husband and I first met we had a long distance relationship. I lived in NY and he in MA. The first time I went to visit him over the weekend, he asked me where I'd like to go for dinner. I told him to cook me dinner, but take me out for breakfast. It's a long standing tradition for us on special occasions to celebrate by going out for breakfast!

I love to make special breakfasts at home too, and here is one that is always a big hit!

Ingredient:
  • 1 loaf (16 oz) Cinnamon Swirl Bread or Cinnamon Raisin Bread, cut into cubes
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 cups half-and-half
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon sugar or confectioners' sugar
  • Whipped butter
  • Pure maple syrup
Directions
Place the bread cubes and cranberries/raisins in a greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Beat the eggs, half-and-half and vanilla in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, uncover the dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set in the center.

Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar. Serve with the butter and syrup.

Enjoy!
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum!!! This looks like something that will be making it's appearance in my house this Sunday morning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina