Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chocolate Chunk and Cinnamon Coffee Cake



One of the amazing truffles in the box of Godiva chocolates that my husband gave me for Valentines Day was chocolate with cinnamon. This was such a fantastic combination that I just had to make something with it. I thought it would be a great flavor combo in a coffee cake, so here you go:

Chocolate Chunk and Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Ingredients
  • 1 12 ounce package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
  • 3/4 cup pecans
  • 2 cups sugar, divided
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 2/3 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix chocolate, pecans, 2/3 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon; set aside. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.

Beat butter and remaining 1-1/3 cups sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating after each addition until well blended. Spoon half of the batter into greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.

Enjoy!
Christina

11 comments:

  1. Oh that looks divine... I love coffee cake! I may have to make that this weekend for some company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great and suit with my coffee ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What could be better with coffee? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that cinnamon and chocolate go together perfectly. Cinnamon just adds such depth to the chocolate and makes it taste much darker while not being bitter. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate and cinnamon and coffee cake? You definitely can't go wrong! Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I dont think I would ever think to add chocolate to my coffee cake, but now I'm rethinking that.. this sounds delicious! Who doesn't want a little chocolate in the morning?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some gorgeous chocolate chunks. Perfectly sized. Huge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this sounds wonderful. I love anything withe chunks of chocolate or cinnamon. The combo of them together is definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful coffee cake. I would so have seconds. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina