Monday, February 14, 2011

Conversation Heart Bark



Happy Valentines Day! I hope you're all spending it with someone you love. Valentines Day has been a sad day at our house for the past 8 years because my husband and I lost a baby we were expecting on Feb 14, 2003, and I really wanted to break this funk and try to spend it being thankful for all the blessings that we do have.



I made a table full of treats this morning and I'd like to share one of the recipes with you today. I saw a conversation heart bark on Bake at 350 (Thank you for the inspiration!) and just knew I had to make my own version of this! Here is the original, and here is mine:

Conversation Heart Bark

Ingredients:

2 12oz bags white chocolate chips
2 12oz bags semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 Tbs butter
conversation hearts
sprinkles

Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large bowl in the microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes (check it every 30 seconds). Stir in the cereal and mix until well coated. Dump out onto the waxed paper, and using the sprayed plastic wrap, press the mix out into a thin layer. Put tray in the refrigerator to set.
In a glass bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture. Put the tray back into the refrigerator to set.
In another glass bowl, melt the semi sweet chocolate in the microwave. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture. Cover with candy sprinkles, and dot with some candy conversation hearts. Put the tray back into the refrigerator to set.
When the mixture is set, break into pieces.

Enjoy!
Christina

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you've lost a baby! I've had 2 miscarriages myself, one this last Thanksgiving, and I understand how difficult it is. I hope that you can create some sweet new memories this Valentines Day.

    By the way, this bark looks decadent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina