Friday, February 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Granola



I love making my own granola mixes and bars. This week I made a peanut butter version that I really like! It's been my mid morning snack along with some fresh fruit. It's really easy. I hope you'll give it a try!

Peanut Butter Granola

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 cups uncooked rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup peanuts
  • 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
  2. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Place oats in a large, shallow roasting pan or a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir gently until oats are coated. Spread evenly in pan.
  3. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off oven.
  4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover raisins in boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain well. Stir raisins, nuts and figs into baked mixture. Return to oven and let dry 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Store in covered containers.
Enjoy!
Christina

2 comments:

  1. I love homemade granola, and peanut butter is just like icing on the cake. Simply delicious!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying making my own granola too. This looks great...I luv that you've used dried figs. I've gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina