Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cookie Bark



While I was in the festive treat making mood yesterday, I waded through all the wonderful ideas that I saw on all my fellow food blogers to see what else I could whip up with what I had in my pantry. We're still down to one car since my husband's accident so I can only get to the market on Saturday or Sunday but I tried to anticipate what I might need. I came upon this recipe on Amy's Cooking Adventures and had almost everything I needed to replicate it. Oreos are my husband's favorite commercial cookie, so I knew he would excuse all the frilly pink and enjoy them anyway. I love salty and sweet together, so the pretzels make this perfect for me too! My boys are fresh out of college, so they'll eat just about anything! You can see her recipe on the link I provided, and here are the changes I made:

Cookie Bark

Ingredients:

24 oz white chocolate chips
4 cups pretzel sticks, broken in half
21 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (we ate all the M&Ms...)
candy sprinkles



Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Spread half the broken cookies and half of the pretzel sticks onto each cookie sheet. Sprinkle the semisweet chocolate chips equally onto the cookies and pretzels.

Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 90 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving for 20 second increments and stirring until it is is completely melted and smooth.

Using a spoon, drizzle the melted almond bark over the cookie and pretzel mix. While the candy is still wet, add the candy sprinkles over the two sheets.

Allow to set for about 20 minutes, then gently break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.

Thank you, Amy, for the inspiration!

Enjoy!
Christina

3 comments:

  1. I so want to make this but my house is overflowing with sugar treats as it is! Looks amazing though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered how much I love bark during the Christmas holiday and when I saw the title of your post my mouth started to salivate. Thank you for sharing this! I can totally make something like this with what I already have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I can see this being huge hit with my family and friends! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina