Thursday, February 24, 2011

Southwest Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing



Any way I can get more veggies into my carnivorous boys is good in my book. This tasty salad with it's bold southwestern flavors and a "dressed up" salad dressing was a big hit! I cooked extra chicken breasts earlier in the week when I was baking chicken breasts for another meal and saved them in the fridge for this night which made it extra quick and easy!

Southwest Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
  • 10 oz frozen kernel corn, thawed
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 bag mixed salad greens
  • 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
Heat non stick skillet on med-high. Add oil, onion, cumin and garlic salt and cook a few minutes until onions are tender. Add corn and saute until corn is lightly roasted. Add chicken to heat through. Divide lettuce, tomatoes and roasted peppers among each of 4 plates. Top with warm chicken mixture, cheese, and *salad dressing. Serve with tortilla chips.

Cilantro Lime Dressing

Mix one cup of ranch dressing with the juice of 1 lime and 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.

Enjoy!
Christina

6 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I might even be tempted to try it with a rotisserie chicken on one of those rushed nights when dinner has to be ready in 15 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would do it for my man as well! He'll eat just about anything with cilantro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad looks really good! And that's a great way to use up leftover chicken. I'll keep in mind to add lime to ranch dressing...that sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum!! How I wish I could eat Cilantro... :-( But this does look so delicious!

    Psst... You've been caught in a game of Tag! You're it!
    http://themarfarmfamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina