Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shrimp with Linguine



Just in case you thought all I fed my honey for Valentines Day was chocolate treats, I wanted to show you what I made for dinner. I'm not a big fan of fish, but I do like shellfish, so every once in a while I'll make a seafood dish. The original recipe I had for this dish called for mushrooms, but I am deathly allergic to them so I substituted diced tomatoes for them. Feel free to put them in if you want them, just don't serve them to me without a side of epinephrine! I served this with a salad of mixed baby lettuces and sliced strawberries with a vinaigrette.

Shrimp with Linguine

Ingredients:Bulleted List
  • 16 oz uncooked linguine
  • 1 to 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 Tbs butter
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into slices
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions:
Cook pasta to al dente according to the package directions, adding the shrimp to the boiling salted pasta water for the last 3 minutes of cooking, then drain.

While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the tomatoes and bell pepper; season with salt & pepper, saute about 4 minutes, then add the garlic.

Stir in the cream & heat to just boiling; reduce heat to low and add thyme, basil and parsley. Stir.

Dump the drained pasta and shrimp into the skillet and toss to combine. Serve hot.

Enjoy!
Christina

9 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! This looks so yummy! I just love pasta and shrimp!

    I'm awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award! Check it out here: http://themarfarmfamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-awards.html

    Have a Fantastic Day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I just love the combination of shrimp and pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom Nom NOm This is what I want for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorites..love love ships and pasta! You did awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great and easy to make. Nice and light too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fantabulous dinner! Shrimp and pasta is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks so fresh and delicious! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delish! I'm not allergic to mushrooms, I just don't like them so I'll take the tomato version any day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! I'm so glad you stopped by!
Christina